Interested In Money In More Ways Than One?

By on June 25, 2013

Buy dinar

Most money has an interesting history, and the dinar can definitely have this said about it. The dinar is the Iraq currency at the moment and has been through many different changes. Iraq, which boasts the nickname Cradle of Civilization, needs to have its currency readily available for those who wish to travel there, but there should also be information on it.

At certain points in both 1971 and 1973, the dinar did not follow the US dollar devaluations and rose to a value of 3.3778 US dollars. The Iraqi dinar was also not issued as they are today back in the day. In 1947 the Iraqi dinars were issued by the National Bank of Iraq, and then since 1954 by the Central Bank of Iraq

The dinar has also seen change because of war. After the Gulf War in 1991 the dinar was printed on poor grade wood pulp paper locally and in China. It was also printed on inferior quality lithography, even rumored to be printed on presses designed for printing newspapers. They avoided such things as cotton or linen to reduce printing costs.

2011 saw the end of almost nine years of war, when in December the last US troops left Iraq. That also had an effect on the dinar and probably helped with its circulation in the US. The dinar is definitely an interesting piece of currency, and much like any other currency, it has not only changed many hands, but changed many times itself.

1. Kylie Horton

September 14, 2013 at 8:29 am

I collect money from around the world and I have to say the dinar is probably one of my favorites. Right up there with the euro, but I feel like thats a stereotypical currency.

2. Alexandra Campell

February 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm

First of all, what the hell is a stereotypical currency? But also yeah, the dinar is really cool and I brought my daughters back some from when I was over ther.

3. Jeremy Henderson