Five Ways to Find a Good Criminal Defense Attorney

By on July 22, 2013

Criminal law defense attorney

Did you know that incidents of theft, assault, and rape are all statistically higher during a full moon? Even trespassing, which is the unlawful entry onto the property of someone else, is punishable by law. Whether you have willingly, unintentionally, or mistakenly committed a crime, you may need to seek out the advice of felony defense lawyers. Since criminal law may bring serious sanctions or consequences such as capital punishment depending on which jurisdiction you are in, it is important to find a criminal defense attorney who will fight for your rights. Following these steps will help you find a criminal defense firm who can provide you with a lawyer that is a perfect fit for your case.

1. If a firm assigns an attorney to your case, ask the firm questions about the attorney. Is he or she experienced? Does he or she have a good track record for winning cases? How much does that specific felony attorney charge? There is nothing worse than a terrible attorney who overcharges and cannot guarantee that you will win your case.

2. Do not rely on what you see on television. You may see ads for felony defense lawyers all over commercials, but not all of them are great. Check reviews online for firms that many people recommend to determine who the best attorneys are. Find one who has a good reputation and proves to defend the rights and interests of their clients.

3. Determine which attorneys specialize in the area of your crime. Whether it is murder, rape, or robbery, many attorneys are experts in specific areas, and some may even be experienced in all areas. Choosing based on this is a good way to find a lawyer who can appropriately handle your case.

4. Find a crime defense attorney you like. This does not mean you should completely eliminate any lawyer you dislike, as some of them are the best for your case, but you should feel comfortable with who you choose. If you interact well with the lawyer, it can make for a more rewarding and productive experience.

5. Figure out how much your selected attorney will charge you for his or her services. Although some charge by the hour which is somewhat unpredictable, it will give you a sense of how much you will be spending. Just remember that a more expensive lawyer is not always better and a less expensive lawyer is not always worse.

Felony defense lawyers are out there to fight for your rights. You must determine which one is best for you, though, as your freedom is at stake when going to Court. Following these five steps will help you find the best felony defense lawyers for you. More like this.

1. Lewis Wagner

March 8, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I loved the attorney I got when I went to a firm. I was framed for murder and all the evidence pointed towards me, but my lawyer somehow proved it was not me. I absolutely love him for it, but they still have not found the right guy yet

2. Ian Bell