If you think that you might have a problem with sleep apnea, then here are a few very important facts that you should read while you are on hold with your doctor making an appointment to have it checked out.
1. There are three forms of sleep apnea. The first is called central sleep apnea or CSA, the next obstructive sleep apnea or OSA, and the last is complex or mixed sleep apnea. This last form is a combination of the symptoms of central and obstructive sleep apnea.
2. Though you might not realize this, sleep apnea affects not only adults but some children as well. IF you think that your child might need treatment for sleep apnea, you need to make sure to seek action as soon as you possibly can so that you can make sure that you child is sleeping safely. Treating sleep apnea in children
3. Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common category of sleep disordered breathing and can be caused by a whole host of factors. Some of the treatments include sleep apnea oral devices, sleep apnea appliances, and there are even some sleep apnea surgery options for treating sleep apnea.
4. Though it does not always cause serious problems, sleep apnea can be a potentially serious disorder. You should be sure to contact a doctor immediately if you spot the warning signs so that you do not need to worry about any serious side effects. .
5. If a sleep study has shown that you have apnea, you may get a prescription for a CPAP device. These help you to be able to breath better when you are sleeping so that you do not stop sleeping in the middle of the night. Read this for more.