Alternatives to Bottled Water

By on June 21, 2013

Plumbed water cooler

Everyone drinks water. It is the source of life, and something people literally cannot live without. However, the trends have noticed a rise in the popularity of bottled water. Historically, tap water has not been known as the cleanest or safest water supply.

To that end, there are certainly a number of alternatives to bottled water. Certain companies offer bottleless water coolers, which eliminate the need for water bottles and can help get the most out of ordinary tap water. Ironically, almost half of all bottled water sold in 2009 originally came from a tap water supply. On that note, almost all bottled water products start with municipal water, which is then filtered and bottled.

Having filtered water coolers is useful because it eliminates the need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on bottled water. Four major municipalities in the United States have banned the spending of government funds on bottled water, electing to instead use alternatives. A lot of refrigerators in the United States have components which are essentially bottleless water dispensers. Clean, filtered water is dispensed through the refrigerator. This replaces bottled water.

There are also water filter companies that have appliances which you would attach to a faucet, and the filtered water would come directly out. In addition, one can purchase portable filters, which come in an array of different sizes. There are pitchers and small water bottles, and everything in between.

Halsey Taylor, one of the creators of the water fountain, lost his father due to drinking contaminated water. The elder Taylor contracted typhoid fever. However, research has shown that traditional bottle equipped water coolers contain more bacteria organisms than is considered safe.

Bottleless water coolers are alternatives to regular bottled water or other types of cooling water. Since they are becoming more common, it can be ascertained that they are equally as safe and clean as bottled water, but economically more suitable.

Read more like this.

1. Christopher Cox

October 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

I did a science experiment one time and the result showed how many germs there were on a regular water fountain. It really can be disgusting, it is a much better idea to always drink clean water, no matter what you have to pay for it.

2. Grace Benson

February 23, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I used bottled water for a number of years and just recently switched to a water filter. Bottleless water filters are excellent, I save a lot of money and I cannot tell the difference between this water and the bottled water.

3. Kimberly Evans