There are many reasons why you might want to renovate your home. Perhaps you want to sell your home and want to make it more modern so that it can be more universally appealing to potential buyers. Alternatively, you might want to stay there for many more years, but you might simply be tired of what you are seeing. It is also possible that the structure of the home is no longer up to code, and you need to change it as soon as possible. Whatever your reason for wanting to renovate your home, it can be a big project, and there’s a good chance that you will need some professional assistance with it.
If you are trying to renovate your entire home or just one room in your home, you might want to work with design-build remodeling contractors. Even if you think that you have a good eye, and you don’t need any help when it comes to home remodel inspiration, professionals can tell you what is actually feasible when it comes to things that can be done in terms of home remodeling and renovation. You can see them for a home remodeling consultation where you can learn more about the home remodeling process.
You’re starting up a blog for your business, one that will focus on DIY home renovation. However, you’re finding it surprisingly hard, and you aren’t sure where to begin. That’s why it is essential to understand how to write the best DIY home renovation blogs and make them more successful.
Know the Audience You Want to Reach
Each of your blog entries should have a specific audience that you want to reach, and your blog, in general, should appeal to a particular audience. You need to make sure that you pitch your content to meet their needs, adjusting your writing and your focus to make sense for them. Typically, there are at least three different skill levels that you need to consider when writing the best DIY home renovation blogs:
- Amateurs Just Starting – When writing about processes like bathroom updating, it is crucial to know how skilled your readers are and what they need to know. Pitch your content to focus on your services and your products and try to get them to accept some help for more challenging steps.
- More Skilled Builders – The best DIY home renovation blogs often focus on readers who have some experience and feel comfortable with most steps. These are often the most fun to write because you can create complex ideas about bathroom renovation. Pitch these to people who you know have the right stuff.
- Experts With Years of Experience – If your products and services are of the highest quality, you may want to pitch to people who have experience in construction. These individuals are often the most likely people to read your blogs, so make sure everything is as accurate as possible.
Once you feel comfortable with your target audience, you can start writing blogs that will appeal to them. It is critical to pitch each of your blogs to their skill levels and interests. You may want to rate each of your blogs as you write them, stating that they are for “Beginners” or “Pros.” Doing so will make your content feel more professional and reach out to more potential readers.
Pay Attention to the Blog Structure
Whether you’re writing blogs for hardware stops, new home builders, building restoration companies, or any other construction professionals, you need to make sure that your blogs follow the proper structure. The best DIY home renovation blogs are those that follow a reasonable layout and make sense for your readers’ needs. Typically, you’ll need to follow this structure to succeed:
- Introduction – A short introduction should let your readers know what your blog will be about to make it easier for them to continue reading. The introduction should outline everything they’ll learn and contain a joke or two to make the writing seem more genuine and engaging.
- The Body – About three-quarters or four-fifths of your article should be contained within the body. It is here that you share important information, like the steps needed to perform the renovation, the tools necessary, the difficulty of the project, and anything else that makes sense for your customer’s needs.
- Conclusion – The conclusion should be no bigger than your introduction and wrap up everything your reader learned. Beyond that, it should also include a call to action, which we’ll discuss in more depth later to make more sense for you to know.
Though this structure may seem limiting in some ways, it does provide an excellent way for you to construct your thoughts and your ideas. And think of most of the content or blogs that you have read online. Did they follow a similar structure? They likely did. Make sure that you don’t’ think of “The Body” as one solid piece of text. Break it up with new paragraphs and headings.
Find Unique Approaches for Your Niche
Every blog writer or builder will have a niche, and you must focus on this if you want the best DIY home renovation blogs possible for your needs. Remember: you are trying to help your readers and get them to come to you at the same time. So whether you offer products that they may want or services that may help, you should pitch your approach to your niche, which may include:
- Roof Upgrades – If you handle new roof services or renovations and repairs, you should make sure that your blog writes about essential elements within this niche. For example, it is vital to discuss leak identification, spot problems with your roof before beginning, and other steps.
- Specialized Interior Repairs – The interior of a home needs occasional DIY repairs that most homeowners should handle. If you provide similar repairs or sell products that might help, write about these steps and make sure that your content is pitched to these needs.
- Important Exterior Upgrades – The exterior of your customers’ house is probably where they’ll need the most help. Blogs about replacing shingles and handling landscape problems may all be a great option. Make sure to highlight your products or your services in each of these blogs to enhance your leads.
The last point above is something that needs to be emphasized here in more detail. Your blogs should always mention your services and your products and tie them back into home renovation. Don’t hammer this point home too heavily or come across like you’re selling yourself. Instead, mention that you can provide help and discuss why it may be a good idea for their needs.
Make Your Content Useful
While much of your website’s content will include location pages and other vital but uninteresting topics, your blog content can be fun and valuable. Fun should be emphasized here with light humor appropriate for your audience. Usefulness will vary depending on your blog type. But whether you’re writing about new gutters or foundation repair, great content ideas for your site include:
- How-to Guides – This type of content is the most obvious for the best DIY home renovation blogs. That said, it is also the most useful and most likely to be read. If you give your readers a step-by-step understanding of their projects, they’ll return to you time and time again to learn more.
- Product Reviews – There are many types of products and services that home renovation blog readers may be interested in understanding. Try to find popular products and create helpful top 10 lists and detailed reviews of each product that makes them easier to understand for each reader.
- Top 10 Lists – People love top 10 lists, and they almost always rank well among blogs and other types of content. Write about things like “Top 10 Easiest Home Renovations” or “Top 10 Renovations That Will Improve Your Home Value” and other topics that you think your customers would appreciate.
If you’re not particular about what you should write, think of it from the position of your readers. What would you want to read about on a blog like yours? Once you’ve got a good idea of what topics make sense to you, try to start writing your blogs and posting them regularly. Once a week is more than enough, as too many blogs can feel like you’re just flooding the web.
Write Each Blog Well
It should go without saying that each of your blogs needs to be written well. However, many blogs about new flooring, furnace replacement, and other steps come across as poorly written and confusing. Good writing is critical for this process, especially when writing about complex topics like a custom pool installation. Without solid writing, you’re going to run into a lot of problems, like:
- Audience Confusion – The best DIY home renovation blogs use clear language that is easy to stand and provides readers with the chance to understand complex topics. Poor writing will confuse by making it harder for readers to understand these complex processes.
- Poor SEO Ranking – Search engine optimization rewards well-written content that follows basic grammatical rules. It will punish content that feels slapped together or poorly written. You want only the finest blogs that will stand out in search engines and feel natural in this situation.
- Lack of Industry Respect – If you write blogs poorly, you’re going to run into a lack of respect from your customers and your competitors. They can point to your content and laugh at it, not the effect you want. Excellent writing will ensure that this issue doesn’t affect you.
So make sure that you hire a writer who you can trust to handle this process for you. If you want to write the blogs yourself, make sure that you have strong writing skills and a good understanding of grammar. Consider a service like Grammarly if you struggle or even a professional editor who can tighten your writing and make it better for each blog.
Optimize Each Blog Entry for Maximum Spread
Writing the best DIY home renovation blogs is kind of like contemplating an iceberg. The success of your blog is about one-fifth of the blog itself and four-fifths optimizing its spread with SEO processes. This doesn’t mean that the quality of your blog doesn’t matter. You need to have the kind of excellent writing and vital information we outlined above. But your SEO optimization will help by:
- Enhancing Your Search Results – Writing about landscaping, building, renovations, and other processes is vital for your customers, but using SEO processes helps boost your presence and how easy it is for people to find your website and your blog through search engines and other functions.
- Increasing Your Keyword Spread – Various keywords spread through your content will help to enhance your overall blog spread and make it easier to identify various customers. You need to make sure that your content is no more or less than 2-5% keywords, preferably around 3% or so.
- Boosting Your Chances for Leads – Your blogs and all your content is centered around creating leads. Leads happen when your content makes people call you or buy products or services from you. When you optimize your blogs, you boost your chances of reaching this all-important goal with ease.
You may need to work with an SEO company to handle some of these steps, such as researching keyboards and content approaches. In other cases, you may be able to get good results by just managing it yourself. It all depends on the nature of your content, the type of construction you perform, and other steps vital to providing your business with the best chance of success.
Always End With a Call to Action
When writing the best DIY home renovation blogs that will convert leads and help your business, you need to make sure that you have a call to action. A call to action is an ending paragraph that tries to get people to reach out to your business. All good content should have this ending because it creates a sense of unity and structure for your blogs and helps draw more people to your site. A strong call to action:
- Takes an Active Approach – Your call to action needs to directly address your customers and ask them to perform a specific act. Usually, you’ll be asking them to contact you. But you need to tie in this contact information with a particular need, one that relates to the blog you have written.
- Feels Natural – A call to action is a tricky thing because it needs to be active and get your customers to contact you but should not feel obvious. The balancing act required here is hard to navigate, but you should be able to get there if you tie it into your content and make it feel normal.
- Creates a Sense of Urgency – The biggest trick with marketing and advertising is to make your customers feel like they need something right now. Your call to action should do the same thing. Try to avoid cliched language or any terms that feel like they’re putting unneeded pressure on the reader.
So whether you’re writing about garage door repairs or siding replacement, you should be able to meet this need. Even a painting company needs to consider this approach to ensure that they reach the most customers possible without causing any difficulties with your blog or its overall strategy and success.
You’ve Got This!
As you can see, the best DIY home renovation blogs provide helpful information, intrigue the reader, help them with step-by-step guides, and gives them an insight into factors that they might not understand. And writing a great blog will make your company stand out to draw in more customers.