Three Reasons You Need to Stop Avoiding the Dentist

By on August 28, 2013

Highlands ranch pediatric dentist

Did you know that Americans shell out an average of 1.4 billion dollars on tooth whitening creams, strips, and procedures each and every year? The easiest way to keep teeth white and sparkling, without paying heaps of money, is going to the dentist for effective, long term whitening treatments. Why are more patients turning to the dentist for safe teeth whitening, and more?

Tried and True Treatments

Over the counter teeth whitening treatments are often peroxide-based, and temporary. Patients seeking long lasting results should see a dentist for regular cleaning, and ask about long lasting whitening options.

Beating Germs and Decay, Wherever You May Find Them

Toothbrush bristles are the perfect environment for germs and bacteria. Stay on top of your dental health by always rinsing with hot water, and toss your toothbrush in favor of a new one whenever you are sick. Patients who do not follow these simple home tips may end up with bacteria in their gums, or gum disease, and sometimes even tooth decay (also known as “dental caries”).

Straight Teeth

Crooked teeth, under bites, and over bites can crush your confidence. They can also impact your long term health. Crooked teeth can cause even more dental problems, including worn teeth and, in some cases, even tooth loss. Ask your dentist about braces prices, or how much invisible braces cost. Missing teeth? Dentists can fill gaps with cosmetic dental surgery, and fully functioning dental implants.

Whether you want a healthy, sparkling smile, or you want cosmetic dental surgery to replace missing teeth, your dentist can help you get it. Research more here.

1. Roberto Mack

October 19, 2013 at 9:41 am

definitely some useful information in here. i had no idea that bacteria could cause tooth decay! i thought it would lead to gum problems, sure, but i didn’t know it could affect your teeth too, and yikes! I will think twice about taking forever to replace toothbrushes

2. Russel Holmes

June 12, 2014 at 2:36 pm

i get regular cleanings at my dentist, and my teeth look great i know friends who use whitening strips (and I admit i’ve tried them), but 1. they taste gross if you can any in your mouth, and 2. with regular cleanings, you won’t need even them

3. Madison Palmer