From Gouda and Oyster Shells to an Impeccable Smile

By on August 22, 2013

Cost for braces

Gouda, Munster, aged cheddar and some other cheeses can actually prevent some forms of tooth decay. Even before that discovery, the ancient Greeks and Romans would clean their teeth with oyster shell pieces and crushed bones. Regardless of your past dental care, it does not compare to cosmetic dental work that is available today.

Nearly 100 percent of Americans believe that their smile is an asset. Whether it is gingivitis, a preventable and reversible gum disease, or extensive veneers and corrective surgery a cosmetic dentist can help them get the smile they truly want.

About one third of U.S. orthodontic patients are adults that may be looking at both aesthetic and reconstructive work. To find a cosmetic dentist that is appropriate for their situation, one can use a number of strategies to select the right professional. This is true of someone searching for a simple service like teeth whitening treatments or complex cosmetic dental surgery.

Initially, to find a cosmetic dentist, you can use various online review sites to analyze feedback and comments of previous clients. These assessments can provide a prospective client some evaluation of patient care, value, expertise and customer service. While most third party review sites have balanced reviews, you should assume that some comments may show some bias that you will want to figure into your research.

As you narrow down your choices to find a cosmetic dentist, take the time to schedule initial consultations. This will give you insight into their availability and overall experience. Even if price is a consideration when you find a cosmetic dentist for your situation, use the consultations to compare their responsiveness, customer services and capabilities. Just talking with the front office staff can sometimes give you enough information about the expectations and level of care that you might receive.

Smiling should bring you joy, so take the time to find the right cosmetic dentist for your individual needs or diagnosis. More.

1. Paul Dean

October 15, 2013 at 10:00 am

Bwahahaha! If only I had known that stinky cheese was helping to fight tooth decay… Actually, my better half would probably kill me for indulging in too much cheese of any kind, but it is funny.

2. Edward Jackson

June 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I went to see a specialist for an unrelated issue once and was horrified at the way the front office treated patients. I was not going to deal with a rude staff. This is good advice to check them out first.

3. Theodore Austin