Selling your own home is much more difficult than most homeowners think, and selling your home fast is even more of a challenge. Especially in the current buyers’ market, one of the easiest ways to sell your home quickly is to lower the price. However, there are a few things you should try before settling for a lower asking price. Check out these tips for selling your home yourself.
What You’re Up Against
Selling your home in Jackson Hole, WY might seem easy because of all the great perks to living in the area. However, it’s important to remember that every home in the area offers those exact same things. The National Elk Refuge, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, amazing variety of animal life, elk antler auctions, and easy commutes are selling points for every home in the region, basically cancelling each other out. If you’re going to sell your home at a better rate that those around you, you’ll have to focus on the merits of your home itself. That’s why this article focuses on tips for selling your home and not on tips for selling your region to out of towners.
- Make yourself stand out. To attract attention and make your home more memorable, think about pursuing custom designed additions, like landscaping, high grade windows, or a new roof. These additions should not only improve your home’s aesthetic, but add value. Choose improvements that are practical and that possess wide appeal in color and design, complementing both your home and other amenities.
- Eliminate clutter. You’ll be hard pressed to sell a home that looks very lived in. Buyers want to be able to picture themselves in a space, so you might need to consider removing some furniture, putting away personal mementos, or maybe even hiring a stager to help you better use the space.
- Throw in some extras. Buyers are looking for deals, and it isn’t difficult to make it look like they’re getting one. Consider offering a couple thousand toward closing costs or even paying them entirely. Another option might be offering a transferable home warranty to cover appliances.
- It’s not just the inside that counts. Curb appeal makes an enormous difference for buyers. Try to make sure that your home appeals to potential buyers outwardly by slapping on a fresh coat of paint and by giving your landscaping a little attention.
- Do a tune up. Make sure all appliances, electrical, and plumbing fixtures are up to code and in working order. Buyers aren’t interested in having to take care of those things later.
These tips for selling your home should make it easier to make your home stand out among the others for sale in the gorgeous Jackson Hole region. Good luck and happy selling! More research here.